Dermatology is a very unique career choice. While many perceive dermatology to treat just acne, there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. So much more such that there are different types of dermatology that one can specialise in. This shows that dermatology is in actual fact a very wide field. Below we want to take a look at some of the different types of dermatology as well as the various cases they treat.
Types of Dermatology
There are at least four different areas that make the field of dermatology. Each of these four fields dealing with different cases and will require the dermatologist to have a specific educational trait in order for them to be able to treat their patients in that field. Just like there are so many classes of dermatology, there are also several classes on online casino games each having its separate types of games that can be played for free or for real money.
Medical dermatology deals with dermatologic skin care in two main areas, this is in general dermatology as well as subspecialty dermatology. Some of the skin conditions that they treat under medical dermatology include:
- Nail diseases
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
- Transplant dermatology
This area of dermatology is more focused on providing surgical treatments to patients who are mainly diagnosed with skin cancer or have benign skin growths.
Cancerous Skin Growth
Some of the cancerous skin conditions that are treated in this rea of dermatology include
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberant
- Eccrine (sweat gland) malignancies
- Within this filed of dermatology you can also be treated for benign skin growths like lipomas and cysts.
- Paediatric Dermatology
- Paediatric dermatology deals with skin issues that affect children of all ages. As such their main core in on the health and skin care for children as well toddlers.
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cosmetic dermatology focuses on helping patients who would to undergo cosmetic procedures like laser procedures and of the like. Some of the areas that are dealt with in this field of dermatology include
- Botox/ disport
- Glycolic acid, beta and vitalize peels
- Intense pulsed light (IPL)
- Fraxel laser resurfacing
- Lumenis Lightsheer
- Pulsed dye laser
- Q switched Yag Laser
These are the four most common fields that you come across in dermatology. As you can clearly see there is more to dermatology than simply treating acne. Each of the divisions focuses on a specific areas and as such will need people with set of skills in order to be able to treat the patients that that they comes across.
Here we mentioned the four main areas of dermatology, however there are other areas of dermatology like dermatoimmunology, dermatopathology, oral pathology and photo medicine. Each of these areas catering to specific patients after having acquired a specific skill set in order for them to be able to deal the cases that they will comes across.